Thursday, October 7, 2010

Old and new Portland

I found a blog with a bunch of old photos of Portland. I figured I should find some of these spots and re-photograph them in 2010.  So I set out on my first mission today during lunch.  After making a long trek across town, and venturing into a "no trespassing" area I discovered I didn't have a memory card in my camera!  This was after I was halfway back to work.  Fortunately I discovered this in time to get a few other pics.  I was working from memory of some of the old photos I had seen earlier this morning, so hopefully I was standing in the right places.  I have a feeling I'll be going back to some though.  So here is my first one.  A view of Burnside and S.W. 3rd Ave. in 1932 and 2010.  The area around what is now the Paris Theater and Voodoo Donuts is almost the same, and the Heathman?? Hotel in the background is still there.

No comments:

Post a Comment