Friday, September 10, 2010

Please pray for me!!!

I have MANY friends on Facebook who believe that this Jesus dude is real.  When they have a relative who dies...who is suffering...etc....I can't comment because that would be mean.   It's frustrating to see my friends asking for prayers because their friend/family member is suffering, when according to their Bible...the entity they are praying to created their suffering, and refuses to stop it.   When I do comment on such things, I get the usual apologetic vague, flowery "explanation" as to why I am wrong...TOTALLY lacking in any form of logic.  Logic they will use when doing their taxes and buying a home, but not used when considering that an entity  has zero-zip-nada proof of existing.
It makes me sad that these people who are suffering are deluding themselves.  Maybe it makes them feel better thinking their child has gone to "be with Jesus", but enabling this kind of thinking affects other decisions.   Decisions that eventually will affect me.  I have a fellow agnostic who scolds me for being so harsh and "intolerant" to others who believe diffferently.  This is a view with blinders.  The BIG picture is that thinking this way affects other decisions that affect me.  Also, these "moderates"...who are many, give support to the radicals.   The radical Muslims who flew planes into the towers were given strength by the millions of moderate muslims.  Crazy christians who protest with signs that say "God hates fags" are supported by the millions of moderates who believe that the basis of  their religion is true.   I'm not being rude or "intolerant" by saying these things.....I'm shining a flashlight on ignorance.

2 comments:

  1. The agnostic who 'scolds you for being harsh and intolerant' are then being intolerant to your decision not to enable this thinking. Also they are being intolerant to you freedom of speech as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm praying for you

    ReplyDelete